Resources

I thought I'd done my homework until I pursued help by filing a dispute with my credit card company. Then I realized I'd barely scratched the surface of information available. Still, I also have to say that the only thing I've found out so far that would have kept me from continuing with the Reiki Council and The Sanctuary School is that I should not have begun classes until I had payment information from TFC. Connie Vrenios had me using used books donated by a previous student for over a month, which was over half the time I was there. I had no business using their materials until they were "mine" and being paid for through the loan I thought was being submitted. Hopefully other would be students, from whom Rick Vrenios or Connie Vrenios request(s) a down payment from in order to submit a loan that doesn't end up submitted, may benefit from information provided in the resources below.

Illinois Legal Aid

Nolo

Illinois Pro Bono


Carol Stream Office of Praire State Legal Services
provides free legal services in civil legal matters for persons who have incomes below 125% of the federal poverty guidelines and senior citizens age 60 and older regardless of income.

ISBE - Illinois State Board of Education In Illinois, a school's curriculum usually must be approved by the ISBE. As it happened for me, that may not apply to classes taken as a member even if you are a student or licensed.

Illinois Department of Finanical and Professional Regulation

Chicago Better Business Bureau

National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork

American Massage Therapy Association

American Massage Therapy Association Illinois Chapter

Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals

My Experience with Rick Vrenios, Connie Vrenios, Reiki Council and The Sanctuary School

~
This blog details an attempt to complete a Reiki-based massage therapy program at The Sanctuary School which was cut short by Rick Vrenios and Connie Vrenios who chose not to submit the loan we agreed to in writing. A scan of that loan application dated June 13 2007 is chronologically entered near the bottom of this page.

To clarify a point made by Connie Vrenios and Rick Vrenios' in their BBB response about me creating a "flurry of communications", 1) this began in pursuit of my $2000 downpayment; 2) it's unlikely attorneys are inclined to immerge themselves in dense, convoluted communications for issues like this. Surely most would glance at this mess and rightfully refuse involvement. Maybe Connie Vrenios and Rick Vrenios relied on offensively dense and convoluted communications to prevent legal pursuit. I can't speak for them, but I have a consistent history of being verbose, so again their accusation is baseless and unprovable.

This blog is intended to serve as a constructive outlet for this experience. Though I'll never know why this happened, I do want others to know Connie Vrenios and Rick Vrenios disappointed me to the core. I also want to believe someone else will be helped by not being similarly victimized. My biggest mistake with The Sanctuary School and the Reiki Council though was wanting to continue to trust after common sense said enough is enough. There could have been much more to say here, but I didn't journal as I should have. Much is already not posted here because it's mostly rambling while trying to organize where I went wrong.

Outside legal means, any representative for The Sanctuary School and Reiki Council who decides to contact me should email transparent and clear discussion and know it will all be posted here and backed up elsewhere. This blog will be edited for clarification, typos and updated to add evolving details, so it will remain a work in progress through the last communication.

Friday, December 14, 2007

August 3, 2007 clarification of Rick's email response to me and related incidentals

~
This is a work in progress. When it reached 22 pages and still wasn't done, I decided to make time for brevity and accurate context, which Rick so adeptly set awry.

Lets start in May. After speaking with Rick Vrenios and Connie Vrenios over the phone and in person a few times, I had made it clear to both that I needed and expected to attend a full massage therapy course. I remained consistently adamant through all discussions that there was no other option for me.

Despite stating concerns about the massage school I had been certified by as the very reason for needing to take another massage class, Connie seemed to think just having completed a massage program would make it ok for me to be added to a class that had been in progress.

Being added to that ongoing class during the second week of June did not work well. Fortuitously, after the Reiki-ssage I class Connie and I mutually agreed I should be in the Tuesday / Thursday classes with ********, but Connie told me he declined. As of that day, July 24th, I was without a class to attend for the time being and assumed Connie would let me know when the next class began.

Only according to Rick, I dropped out. According to a notice found today (August 29th, 2007) at http://www.sanctuarymassageschool.com , no additional students were being accepted for enrollment for June 2007 and September 2007. I'm not sure when the next class would be, but I do know that through regular discussion with Connie, Connie was aware I expected to have my license in hand by October.

October was my goal from the very first and all discussions. At no time was I led to believe being licensed by October was an unreasonable goal.

No comments: