0
Thank you for using the Better Business Bureau's Online Complaint System.
Your complaint has been assigned case # 94145503.
A confirmation will be emailed to : cs_colvin@yahoo.com
Please print a copy of this for your records.
Filed on : October 5 2007
Filed by :
Catherine S. Colvin
7928 Woodlyn, Apt. 107
Woodridge IL 60517
Filed against :
Reiki Council
799 Roosevelt Road Building 4, Suite 001
Glen Ellyn IL 60137
Complaint Description:
Supporting documentation is available upon request. Rick and Connie Vrenios The Sanctuary School and Reiki Council 799 Roosevelt Road , Building 4, Suite 001 Glen Ellyn , IL 60137 Attn: Rick Vrenios and Connie Vrenios of the Sanctuary School and Reiki Council This is a second formal demand for the full and immediate refund of my $2000 down payment, being sent to you directly because: 1) of no response from you and attorney information remains unavailable 2) there is no enrollment agreement signed by me in your possession 3) on September 13th 2007 it was confirmed your school was issued a Cease and Desist letter from the ISBE in May 2007, yet in June 2007 my $2000 down payment was accepted and a loan application was prepared by Rick then signed by me to be submitted by Rick with TFC for a $7500 loan to pay the remainder of a $5500 massage program and additional classes. There was no other agreement. ISBE approved schools are listed here: http://www.isbe.state.il.us/pbvs 4) aside from my $2000 down payment, no receipt for anything was provided 5) certification by you is as worthless as part of a program not completed because you failed to submit a loan that would have allowed me to complete the 660-hour massage program 6) considering this incident, I already paid more than I should to be a platinum member of the Reiki Council's Inspired Living Community only to have my trust and commitment to you obliterated by you through misrepresentation of yourselves and your schools 7) Rick's email makes and cites false accusations, agreements and circumstances. Allow me to present the issue as I understand it: Without an enrollment agreement or ISBE approved curriculum, you - Rick Vrenios and Connie Vrenios - accepted my $2000 down payment in June to submit a loan, referenced by both of you, then used my $2000 down payment without submitting the loan, and finally in Rick's August 2007 email refused to submit a loan you agreed to submit in June 2007. The $2000 down payment needs to be returned immediately. Respectfully, Catherine S. Colvin cc: emailed and copy hand delivered to Connie at The Sanctuary School and Reiki Council
Your Desired Resolution:
A full refund of a $2000 down payment provided for Rick to submit a loan with TFC to pay for a 660-hour massage therapy program and additional bodywork classes. Other than a very distorted email response on 08 03 07, Rick and Connie made no attempt to address this. An incomplete anatomy class holds no purpose for me, and though I've been told it shouldn't matter, I would be ashamed to inform the public I hold a Reiki certification provided by Rick Vrenios or Connie Vrenios. This case will be reviewed by a complaint specialist at the Better Business Bureau, and then forwarded to the business for their response. It is our policy to allow the business 30 working days to respond to your complaint. You will be notified when the business has responded.
This case will be reviewed by a complaint specialist at the Better Business Bureau, and then forwarded to the business for their response. It is our policy to allow the business 30 working days to respond to your complaint. You will be notified when the business has responded.
What would you like to do next?
View the status of your complaint
Return to the BBB Homepage BBB Privacy Policy
Resources
I thought I'd done my homework until I pursued help by filing a dispute with my credit card company. Then I realized I'd barely scratched the surface of information available. Still, I also have to say that the only thing I've found out so far that would have kept me from continuing with the Reiki Council and The Sanctuary School is that I should not have begun classes until I had payment information from TFC. Connie Vrenios had me using used books donated by a previous student for over a month, which was over half the time I was there. I had no business using their materials until they were "mine" and being paid for through the loan I thought was being submitted. Hopefully other would be students, from whom Rick Vrenios or Connie Vrenios request(s) a down payment from in order to submit a loan that doesn't end up submitted, may benefit from information provided in the resources below.
Illinois Legal Aid
Nolo
Illinois Pro Bono
Carol Stream Office of Praire State Legal Services provides free legal services in civil legal matters for persons who have incomes below 125% of the federal poverty guidelines and senior citizens age 60 and older regardless of income.
ISBE - Illinois State Board of Education In Illinois, a school's curriculum usually must be approved by the ISBE. As it happened for me, that may not apply to classes taken as a member even if you are a student or licensed.
Illinois Department of Finanical and Professional Regulation
Chicago Better Business Bureau
National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork
American Massage Therapy Association
American Massage Therapy Association Illinois Chapter
Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals
Illinois Legal Aid
Nolo
Illinois Pro Bono
Carol Stream Office of Praire State Legal Services provides free legal services in civil legal matters for persons who have incomes below 125% of the federal poverty guidelines and senior citizens age 60 and older regardless of income.
ISBE - Illinois State Board of Education In Illinois, a school's curriculum usually must be approved by the ISBE. As it happened for me, that may not apply to classes taken as a member even if you are a student or licensed.
Illinois Department of Finanical and Professional Regulation
Chicago Better Business Bureau
National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork
American Massage Therapy Association
American Massage Therapy Association Illinois Chapter
Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals
My Experience with Rick Vrenios, Connie Vrenios, Reiki Council and The Sanctuary School
~
This blog details an attempt to complete a Reiki-based massage therapy program at The Sanctuary School which was cut short by Rick Vrenios and Connie Vrenios who chose not to submit the loan we agreed to in writing. A scan of that loan application dated June 13 2007 is chronologically entered near the bottom of this page.
This blog details an attempt to complete a Reiki-based massage therapy program at The Sanctuary School which was cut short by Rick Vrenios and Connie Vrenios who chose not to submit the loan we agreed to in writing. A scan of that loan application dated June 13 2007 is chronologically entered near the bottom of this page.
To clarify a point made by Connie Vrenios and Rick Vrenios' in their BBB response about me creating a "flurry of communications", 1) this began in pursuit of my $2000 downpayment; 2) it's unlikely attorneys are inclined to immerge themselves in dense, convoluted communications for issues like this. Surely most would glance at this mess and rightfully refuse involvement. Maybe Connie Vrenios and Rick Vrenios relied on offensively dense and convoluted communications to prevent legal pursuit. I can't speak for them, but I have a consistent history of being verbose, so again their accusation is baseless and unprovable.
This blog is intended to serve as a constructive outlet for this experience. Though I'll never know why this happened, I do want others to know Connie Vrenios and Rick Vrenios disappointed me to the core. I also want to believe someone else will be helped by not being similarly victimized. My biggest mistake with The Sanctuary School and the Reiki Council though was wanting to continue to trust after common sense said enough is enough. There could have been much more to say here, but I didn't journal as I should have. Much is already not posted here because it's mostly rambling while trying to organize where I went wrong.
Outside legal means, any representative for The Sanctuary School and Reiki Council who decides to contact me should email transparent and clear discussion and know it will all be posted here and backed up elsewhere. This blog will be edited for clarification, typos and updated to add evolving details, so it will remain a work in progress through the last communication.
This blog is intended to serve as a constructive outlet for this experience. Though I'll never know why this happened, I do want others to know Connie Vrenios and Rick Vrenios disappointed me to the core. I also want to believe someone else will be helped by not being similarly victimized. My biggest mistake with The Sanctuary School and the Reiki Council though was wanting to continue to trust after common sense said enough is enough. There could have been much more to say here, but I didn't journal as I should have. Much is already not posted here because it's mostly rambling while trying to organize where I went wrong.
Outside legal means, any representative for The Sanctuary School and Reiki Council who decides to contact me should email transparent and clear discussion and know it will all be posted here and backed up elsewhere. This blog will be edited for clarification, typos and updated to add evolving details, so it will remain a work in progress through the last communication.
Friday, December 14, 2007
October 5, 2007 BBB second complaint # 94145503 Reiki Council deleted by Denise Hines or Kimberly Mullen
~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment