Thursday, July 19, 2007 – hand delivered first written request for loan info from TFC, left on reception desk)
(Because I had asked a few times for the loan information and was sidestepped each time, because in class on the 16th Connie reacted strangely after I pointed out her instructions were contradictory, because no one from the schools had followed up with me in any way, I thought I'd been dumped or whatever the equivalent would be. Despite Rick and Connie's statements, I never did anything wrong in class. I'm sure if I had caused the problems they said I did there would have been at least a discussion about it and documentation to support such an event. But here I was still insisting I couldn't be wrong about them and everything would be ok as long as I got the loan straight. Before this week in July, I had mentioned to Connie that it might really help lessen their concerns about money (which she mentioned during class specifically in regard to the small size of our class being insufficient) for everyone involved if the loan were taken care of. I didn't get a response again but figured the timely mention would do the job. Instead Connie began behaving strangely toward me in class. Particularly when I asked a question she'd either say I should go to medical school or "that's just common sense - everyone knows that" without elaborating further. It was during one of those events on July 16th that Connie became confrontational about facial massage for clients who had TMJ. Specifically when she asked why I was asking, I suggested TMJ seemed to be common and people with sensitive facial skin may not appreciate the assumption Connie had made that "everyone loves to have their face massaged". I explained that the little bit we'd done in class had caused my own TMJ to flare up and it still wasn't gone. Connie said everyone was not like me. I attempted to clarify by saying I wasn't asking about me, only using myself as a firsthand example. I was really just interested in learning something different to do and that if a massage therapist was not interested in giving a facial massage, what was something else that could be done in its place. Connie pressed for another example and I mentioned multiple sclerosis. Connie said very loudly "like who?!" For the remainder of that class when I asked a question she kept saying “that’s just common sense”. Why I'm not sure. But it was obvious she was upset by my questions and she never did explain other than to say "these things happen". Later, I also explained I wanted to work with patients who had fibromyalgia and at the veteran's hospital where a lot of people have nerve damage and skin sensitivities. Finally Connie said to just use Reiki.)
To Connie and Rick:
I called TFC early last week to inquire about my account# so I could make a loan payment before it was due. I called again last Monday morning. Monday evening TFC called me back to say they don’t show my loan information in their system. So, I’m not certain if I’m still actually a student or not, but I definitely owe you guys for the classes I’ve been taking and need to make a payment arrangement.
Also don’t know if I’m still scheduled for this weekend’s classes for Reiki-ssage I. Could someone please call and let me know? Thanks!
Catherine
No comments:
Post a Comment